Computational Fluid Dynamics
Wish you could visualise the fluid flow and interactions through your product or system, and optimise design?
Matrix provides the solution with Computational Fluid Dynamics
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) enables you to simulate and better understand the way fluid flows move and interact in your products. Leading edge CFD software from CD-Adapco calculates the complex three dimensional flow behaviours within the system. This can then be visualised to help you isolate and troubleshoot problematic flows ensuring product performance and reliability are maximised.
CFD has become the default technology where the engineering of fluid dynamics is required. A wide range of industries, from electronics through to aerospace, are employing CFD and obtaining real engineering and business value.
Who Could Benefit?
- Build knowledge to design better products and solutions.
- Improve product understanding through flow visualisation.
- Shorten development time through the use of virtual prototyping.
- Develop performance curves to speed future development projects.
- Product Designers
- Plant and Process Engineers
- Engineering Managers
- Structural Engineers
CD Adapco provides the world’s most comprehensive CFD solutions that allow you to:
- Visualise your flow with more detail than is possible with experimental methods allowing better understanding of how the design impacts the flow behaviour.
- Model coupled systems for more results than can be achieved through empirical methods.
- Analyse complex physics such as multi-phase flows, advanced turbulence, compressibility, and much more.
- Optimise the design through multiple virtual iterations and build performance and trade-off curves.
STAR-CD and STAR-CCM+ provide the world’s widest range of Computational Fluid Dynamics solutions. CFD technology is routinely employed in the following application areas:
Click on products listed to the right for more details.
- Heat and mass transfer (free and forced convection, conduction and radiation)
- Turbo-machinery (fans, compressors, turbines and pumps)
- Sloshing, mixing and settling.
- Filtering and separate.
- Aeroacoustic and vortex shedding.
- Chemical reaction and combustion (syn gas and coal)
Mighty River Power has successfully utilised CFD to evaluate the performance benefits from proposed efficiency improvements for its Southdown power station. Click the case study link to the right for details, along with other examples.
Request a CFD demonstration
Professional accreditations include:
- Projects - to solve your engineering problems
- Implementation – of world-leading CFD products
- Training - Introductory and advanced training courses on CFD methods.
- Benchmark evaluations of CFD methods, applications, and software
- On-site CFD best practices seminars, workshops, and tutorials
- NAFEMS (Finite Element Methods and Standards Quality)
- IPENZ (Chartered Professional Engineers)
- CEAS (Consulting Engineers Advancement Soc.)
- HERA (Heavy Engineering Research Assoc.)
- EMA (Employer’s and Manufacturer’s Assoc.)