Need to reduce processing faults and equipment failure?
Innovative thinking combined with sound engineering knowledge give you an edge. The design, production and maintenance of plant equipment requires an integration of multi-disciplinary technologies ranging from fluid dynamics to general mechanical design. Systems are becoming increasingly complex, but leading technology tools can help you achieve substantial performance, safety and financial benefits. In the competitive global market, innovative thinking coupled with grounded engineering can give you the edge you require.
With a proven history in the plant and process industry Matrix is in a unique position to offer value to the companies it partners with. Employing leading edge tools our experienced engineers can assist you with your technical challenges.
Who Could Benefit?
- Increase production capacity by optimizing process flows.
- Avoid downtime by using virtual simulation for troubleshooting process issues.
- Accurately determine causes of failure and vibration issues.
- Enable optimum decision making for replacement of damaged equipment through fitness for service analysis.
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations.
- Utilise the top experts in New Zealand as required without having to incur employment overheads.
- Process engineers
- Equipment designers
- Production managers
- Compliance managers
Matrix has a variety of specialized engineering analysis tools to cover the needs of your organization. Some areas specific to plant design are:
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- Heat and mass transfer including convection, radiation, combustion
- Process flow optimization
- Simulation of settling and mixing processes
- Filtering and separation
- Stress analysis to ASME Vlll and PD5500
- Failure analysis and investigation
- Troubleshooting existing process inefficiencies
CFD has become the industry standard where the engineering of fluids is required. This numerical technique enables you to test, optimize and troubleshoot your processes virtually avoiding costly downtime in your plant.
Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
FEA enables equipment safety to be assessed. This also includes the ability to investigate failure, impact and vibration/resonance issues.
Fitness for Service (FFS)
FSS techniques enable optimum replacement decisions for damaged equipment. This ensures that equipment is replaced at the right time with increased confidence in the safety of your assets.
Click on the products list to the right for more information.
- Abaqus – the worlds leading finite element solver with strengths in contact, material nonlinearity, failure and impact analysis.
- Star-CCM+ – the worlds most comprehensive set of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) solutions.
- Consulting projects – to solve your engineering challenges
- Implementation – of world-leading CAE products
- Training - Introductory and advanced training courses on CAE methods
- Benchmark evaluations of CAE methods, applications, and software
- On-site CAE best practices seminars, workshops, and tutorials
Mighty River Power has successfully utilised CFD to evaluate the performance benefits from proposed efficiency improvements for its Southdown power station. Click the link to the right for details. Many other examples are available, contact us for references.
Contact Matrix or Request a quote for a consulting project.
Professional accreditations include:
- NAFEMS (Finite Element Methods and Standards Quality)
- IPENZ (Chartered Professional Engineers)
- CEAS (Consulting Engineers Advancement Soc.)
- HERA (Heavy Engineering Research Assoc.)
- EMA (Employer’s and Manufacturer’s Assoc.)