Need to improve your time to market?
Developing a product doesn't need to involve costly, time-consuming physical prototyping. FEA provides rigorous virtual simulation testing.
Finite Element Analysis (FEA) is a simulation technique for evaluating structural performance. FEA has become the default tool for virtual testing and prototyping in almost every engineering discipline.
FEA is the fastest and most cost-effective way to reduce your time-to-market while improving quality and reliability. Multiple prototypes, product recalls, too much material – these are all problems that are addressed by a virtual finite element model.
- Removes wasteful build and test iterations
- Builds knowledge of your products
- Fastest, most cost-effective way of reducing time-to-market
- Improves quality and reliability
- Product designers
- Tool and die operators
Leading-edge technology tools are employed in all finite element analyses. Abaqus is considered the world's leading non-linear finite element solver, with strengths in contact, composite materials, material nonlinear and explicit impact analysis.
With over 70 man-years of analysis experience across multiple industry sectors Matrix technical specialists can assist you to solve your engineering problems. Matrix areas of core competency are:
- Design optimisation - ensuring optimum performance to weight
- Structural integrity - assessment of stresses and displacements
- Vibration - investigating modal and resonance issues
- Fatigue - calculating product life when subjected to cyclic loading
- Failure - investigating and predicting failure in structures
- Thermal - calculating thermal loads in response to convection, conduction and radiation
- Fluid structure interaction
- Plasticity - the response of materials undergoing plastic deformations
- Contact - for modelling interactions between components
- Creep - evaluating the time response of materials (high temperature steels, plastic components...etc)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics - fluid dynamics simulation
- Composite Analysis - simulation of fabric composite structures
- Implicit dynamics - modal analysis, frequency response and time varying loads
- Explicit dynamics - short duration impact type events
- Fitness For Service (FFS) - Level 3 Defect assessments to API579
Contact us for local references.
- Projects – to solve your engineering problems
- Implementation – of world-leading CAE products
- Training - Introductory and advanced training courses on CAE methods
- Benchmark evaluations of CAE methods, applications, and software
- On-site CAE best practices seminars, workshops, and tutorials
- NAFEMS (International Finite Element Methods and Standards Quality)
- IPENZ (Chartered Professional Engineers)
- AMTIL (Australian Manufacturing Technology Institute Limited)
- CEAS (Consulting Engineers Advancement Soc.)
- HERA (Heavy Engineering Research Assoc.)
- EMA (Employer’s and Manufacturer’s Assoc.)
Learn more about our products by clicking the links at the right or contact us directly.
Matrix helps ETNZ use FEA for AC72 structural analysis and design